a meme. whee.

Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To

1. Reaching my goal weight. I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
2. Colin learning to read.
3. Marky being potty trained.
4. Having another baby (but only after #1 and #3).
5. Finally finishing Shelby Foote's Civil War narrative.
6. Finding a new curate for our church.
7. Visiting my family in Texas for almost the whole month of June.
8. The wedding of my friends Alex and Carrie in September in Pennsylvania.

Eight Things I Did Yesterday

1. Went to Wegman's. I love Wegman's.
2. Departed from my custom of buying the boys a scone or muffin at the Wegman's coffee shop and allowed them to have giant lollipops instead. NEVER AGAIN.
3. Went to the Father's Blessing service at Church of the Apostles.
4. Wore the shoes I got myself for Mother's Day. It was the first time Peter had seen them. "What do you think?" I demanded. And he said, "They're...formidable."
5. Read over the leadership profile for the curate candidate we're interviewing today.
6. Swept the kitchen floor AND damp mopped it. This is an achievement. Usually Peter does the floors.
7. Made chocolate mini-cupcakes and a small chocolate cake.
8. Made plans with my friend Julia to hike the Manassas National Battlefield Park this afternoon. I hope it doesn't rain on us.

Eight Things I Wish I Could Do

1. Remember all the Latin I learned in high school and again in graduate school. Ah, well, if all goes as planned with the classical homeschooling I'll be learning it again in short order.
2. Trust other people with my children more.
3. Simultaneously have the time, money and energy to see more films in the theater.
4. Magically turn our mortgage right side up. :(
5. Learn to like fish by sheer force of will.
6. Set a better example for my kids with respect to general tidiness.
7. Quote, at will, any passage from the Iliad or the Odyssey. In Greek. One of my graduate school professors could actually do this. Probably more than one, now that I think about it, but Dr. Sweet was famous for it.
8. Go to seminary. Also, complete my PhD in Literature. Also, get a PhD in Philosophy. And so forth.

Eight Shows I Watch

most of these I watch twice a year, when I visit my parents, whose home is inhabited by more televisions than people

1. Law & Order
2. Law & Order: SVU
3. Law & Order: Criminal Intent
4. Dr. G: Medical Examiner
5. Untold Stories of the E.R.
6. City Confidential
7. Mystery Diagnosis
8. Iron Chef (the old school Japanese one)

No tags. If you want to do it, just do it. But leave a comment, so I can read it.

4 comments:

Mary-LUE said...

I don't think "formidable" is an inappropriate word to describe those shoes.

The classical homeschooling curriculum looks interesting... and challenging. I would have loved to have had a classical education.

Julia said...

I know you consider yourself an introvert and not into IRL-type things :) but if you feel the need for a playdate or anything during your month in TX (and east Dallas is accessible from your parents), I'd be up for it.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Thanks for playing! And those shoes? Are definitely formidable.

happygeek said...

You don't want to have two children in diapers at the same time?
Chicken!
Or really, really smart.
If I had a month in Texas I would weigh 350 pounds. I REALLY miss Southern cooking. I'm certain your willpower is much greater than mine.
Those really are some shoes.