WWI Canadian Propaganda Posters

I thought these would be of interest in the context of the Rilla read along. You can view a nice gallery here. That whole site is a great non-academic resource, by the way-- the fellow who runs it does it in his spare time and has obviously put tons of effort into it.

I thought this one was lovely:



This one has some weird foreshortening, but I like the concept:



This one is my favorite of them all:



This one made me LOL:



And then there are the top two contenders in the cringe-inducing category:


3 comments:

Bea said...

I volunteered on a field trip to the local small-town museum last month, and got chills when I saw a local WWI recruitment poster - "Men of Perth County, your country needs you!" When I think of the Great War, I think of it in P.E.I., or maybe Ottawa, but not here in my own town.

Hairline Fracture said...

Very cool. Except for those last two, of course--yikes.

Kathleen Marie said...

Oh my, that last poster riled my blood. Excellent collection. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to read more about it. Have a wonderful week!