Rilla it is!

So the (first?) read along will be on Rilla of Ingleside.

I've never actually done a read along before, so I'm just going to jump in here (suggestions welcome!) and say let's talk about the first three chapters one week from today. I'll post something and we can carry on a discussion in the comments. It seems to me like three chapters a week would be a nice slow pace for the busy moms among us (even though some of us have read Rilla about eight jillion times).

Does anyone want to volunteer to guest post on a three chapter set?

Helpful links:

PBS' handy World War I chronology

The L.M. Montgomery Institute

The LMM Lexicon has a helpful listing of every literary and Biblical allusion in the novel.

UPDATED to add: If you don't feel like shelling out for a copy, the entire novel is available online here.

3 comments:

Mary-LUE said...

Cool, I might just be able to manage 3 chapters per week. Now to go find my copy!

Hairline Fracture said...

Looking for a copy. I'm ashamed to say I don't think I own one--I'm pretty sure I used to but although I have the first three Anne books, I think Rilla might have been lost. I need to go to Half Price Books after the ice on the road melts!

Kimberly said...

Yes...need to get a copy. A non-library copy!