this week's menu OR possibly the most boring post ever OR NaBloPoMo, have you brought me so low already?

Monday:

Scrambled eggs with cheese
Leftovers
Quinoa stuffed peppers

Tuesday:
Yogurt smoothies or eggs
Leftovers
Lentils & rice

Wednesday:
Yogurt smoothies or eggs
Leftovers
Broccoli casserole & smoke sausages

Thursday:
Oatmeal or eggs
Leftovers
Spinach quesadillas

Friday:
Oatmeal or eggs
Leftovers
Black beans & rice

Saturday:
Sausage and spinach frittata
Catered lunch at church committee meeting
Leftovers

Sunday:
Pancakes
Leftovers
I'll Think of Something for Supper


As you can see, I love me some leftovers. "Leftovers" in my menu planning indicates not only the leftovers from the few days before, but also the individual portions I have stashed in the freezer. I've tried to make it a habit, when I make a big batch of something, to freeze it in small containers before we get tired of it, and then break it out a few weeks down the road. I can't tell you how helpful it is in terms of convenience and frugality. I didn't include snacks in the menu; they usually consist of whole fruit or string cheese.

Because I built the menu based on using up what we already had, I was able to bring the groceries in for right at the weekly budget amount of $50. Yay!

1 comment:

Hairline Fracture said...

$50--wow! That's awesome.

I freeze individual portions of leftovers for my husband's lunches, and I'll eat leftovers that I've kept in the fridge during that week. Sometimes a new recipe doesn't turn out well enough to save for leftovers, though!