because there aren't enough recipes on Teh Internest

Auntie Helen'sMary Ann's Spiced Nuts

1 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. nutmeg
pinch salt
4 T. water
4 cups nuts (I used pecans this morning, because they are DELICIOUS and also because they were what I had on hand)

Combine all ingredients except nuts in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 2-5 minutes, until it reaches the soft ball stage. Turn off the heat and stir in the nuts. Stir so everything gets well-acquainted, as Peg Bracken would say.

Dump it out on waxed paper and spread it out. Let dry. Break up and store in an airtight container. These can be frozen, I've heard, but I've never had any last long enough for me to try. SO GOOD.

1 comment:

Hairline Fracture said...

Ooh, I needed a recipe for these! Thank you!