husband

I am stealing a meme from The Happy Geek. It is about one's husband.

1. He’s sitting in front of the TV; what is on the screen?

A Hiyao Miyazaki film. If we had a TV, which we don't.

2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?

Ranch. But he prefers sesame ginger when he can get it.

3. What’s one food he doesn’t like?

Liver. Original, I know. He doesn't care for (but will eat rather than making a fuss) cinnamon or nutmeg or cumin or curry-- naturally, all flavors I love.

4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?

A good beer. Or possibly a whiskey.

5. Where did he go to high school?

The now defunct Trinity Christian Academy in Derry, N.H.

6. What size shoe does he wear?

10 1/2 or 11, depending on the shoe.

7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?

Speculative fiction (Pratchett, Bujold, etc). Also old dead Kleenex in the pockets of his lounge pants.

8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?

Anything with sprouts and wasabi mayonnaise.

9. What would this person eat every day if he could?

Raw tuna. *shudder*

10. What is his favorite cereal?

Froot Loops.

11. What would he never wear?

A septum ring.

12. What is his favorite sports team?

I don't know that he has one. He followed the Redskins, sort of, for a while, but it was more due to inertia than anything else. He's not really a sports kinda guy.

13. Who will he vote for?

McCain-Palin

14. Who is his best friend?

I am.

15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do?

There are so many things. One of them is self-flagellation. Another is only buying chicken breasts at the grocery store (he likes dark meat, eeyh).

16. How many states has he lived in?

Four + the District of Columbia

17. What is his heritage?

Italian and Jewish. Here is a funny story that my father-in-law told me about our family name: "Edman" was originally "Eidman," but a few generations ago his ancestor ordered some business cards printed, and the printer screwed up the order and printed the name "Edman." So rather than go to the trouble and expense of new cards, he just changed his name.

18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind?

Some sort of flourless chocolate orange thing, usually. He's not a great fan of cake, so the less cakey the cake, the better.

19. Did he play sports in high school?

Nope; he was band geek. Trumpet. Always I have been charmed by the horn players.

20. What could he spend hours doing?

He can and does spend hours on the internet and reading books, both to himself and to our boys.

4 comments:

happygeek said...

He loves Raw Tuna, Wasabi mayonaise and Froot Loops?
A true study in contradictions.

Peter said...

But I don't want to be an Internet meme.

Hairline Fracture said...

He sounds like an interesting guy (I especially love the last line about him reading to the kids). I wonder if my husband would mind being an Internet meme. If not that, I might use this on a scrapbook page.

Sue said...

I was about to ask if your husband is Japanese until I read #17. The Froot Loops were a give away too. I can't imagine any Japanese being a Froot Loop fan. My husband still shudders when my kids bring up the time we spent a week in a motel in American and they ate Froot Loops every morning for breakfast. They ended up with really colorful, um... you know.

Happy Anniversary!