five years

We got married five years ago today!

For five years I have been married to a man who is as charming a curmudgeon as Mr. Knightly, as smolderingly grumpy at Mr. Darcy, kinder and more considerate than Edmund Bertram, more constant than Frederick Wentworth, and not at all like that nincompoop Edward Ferrars.

I am an unbelievably happy woman.

Peter? I love you, love you, love you. You are the finest human being I have ever known. I've known unselfish people, and wise and prudent people, and smart people, and people with towering integrity, but I've never seen those qualities all come together as they have in you.

That I get to be married to you is one of the most spectacular examples I know of God's shockingly abundant grace. I'm so glad we are co-workers together in building the Kingdom.

Happy Anniversary.

7 comments:

Veronica said...

Happy anniversary to you both.

Julia said...

Yes, but is he as funny and sarcastic and kind as Henry Tilney? :) Just joshing you... Happy anniversary!

Ghost Writer said...

Happy anniversary. You got married on B's 28th birthday.

Zanshin said...

Congratulations! :)

______________ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty Beguiles said...

Happy anniversary! October is the perfect month for a wedding, imho. ;) We just celebrated our 7th anniversary on the 6th.

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

I don't know you, I popped over from Ministry So Fabulous (your castor oil tip was intriguing)...I just had to comment.

Congratulations. We just celebrated 15 yrs this October...only I was not as eloquent on my blog. What super nice things to say about your husband! =) I hope he reads your blog...