it says so much about our differences

ME: Who was in that big giant Hollywood version of Samson and Delilah?

HUBS: I don't think I've seen that one.

ME: Oh, my, there's a really disturbing scene where they use a hot sword to put out his eyes, and they film it from Samson's perspective, so you just see the sword coming closer...and closer...and closer...

HUBS: Thanks for sharing.

ME: [having looked it up on IMDB] Ah. It's Cecil B. DeMille's Samson and Delilah, starring Hedy Lamarr and Victor Mature.

HUBS: Hedy Lamarr? Really?

ME: Yeah. She played Delilah.

HUBS: Oh. I had never processed that there was an actress named Hedy Lamarr. Now I see how Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles was supposed to be funny.

ME: I've never seen Blazing Saddles.

HUBS: How can you not have seen Blazing Saddles? It's epic!

ME: More epic than Cecil B. DeMille's Samson and Delilah???

HUBS: Yes!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Snort.

You and P and M and I are all more alike than we think. He ROARED with laughter.

M. Robert Turnage said...

I see a double feature in your future. Then again, I married a woman who has never seen 'The Godfather.'

Hedy Lamarr was a brilliant, brilliant woman. She was an actress, model, she wrote music, and did a little electrical engineering on the side. Her electrical patents she donated to the American military during WWII are worth millions upon millions of dollars today. Plus she was hot. Plus she said, "Any woman can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid."

Blazing Saddles is a pretty good movie.

Christine said...

You are fun. I wish you lived in my backyard! :)