oh, goody, I've been tagged!

I'm officially part of an online community!

First, there was this post.

Then, there was this one (yippee!).

So. Here we go.

Ten Literary Characters I Would Totally Make Out With If I Were Single and They Were Real But I’m Not, Single I Mean, I Am Real, But I’m Also Happily Married and Want to Stay That Way So Maybe We Should Forget This (I had to keep her title.)


    Alyosha Karamazov
    This is slightly problematic because Alyosha is so good and pure he would not snog anyone. The sweetheart.

    Ivan Karamazov
    Steamy with the abandon of existential despair.

    Walter Blythe
    And then he'd write a poem about me. Sorry, Una.

    Dean Priest
    Yes, I know he's kind of a creep. I have this thing for older men.

    Colonel Brandon
    Yes, I love him even more than Mr. Darcy.

    Severus Snape
    I knew he was good! I knew it! Besides, in terms of ethical development I identify with him as much as anyone else at Hogwarts. Mmm, tortured repentance is soooo sexy.

    Remus Lupin
    Oh, Remus. How I wept for you. I considered Sirius Black for this list, but he's too arrogant for me.

    Oscar Progresso
    Because, to be honest, I picture him looking just like Mark Helprin. Nom nom nom.

    Aragorn, aka Strider, aka His Royal Hotness
    Because, you know, he's all kingly and stuff. And a badass.

    Odysseus
    He must be doing something right to keep Penelope constant for that long.


So, what do you think? Timoni? Kim? Kimberly? Jen? Who are your top ten?

4 comments:

Veronica Mitchell said...

" Mmm, tortured repentance is soooo sexy."

You are so right. Love your answers. I hadn't considered Lupin or Snape but now I have to. Though I would prefer that he wash his hair well first.

Jen said...

good thing I don't have a blog!

bubandpie said...

I knew I shouldn't cheat by sneaking a peek at the other answers! I'm working on this but I'm stuck at 7.

I've got Ken Ford on my list, and I was considering Jem Blythe too, but I already mentioned him on another meme as the perfect older brother, so that seems a bit weird now.)

And I'm totally going with Sirius. There's no such thing as too arrogant when it comes to snoggable literary characters.

I gave some consideration to Aragorn AND Odysseus before deciding they weren't quite right.

Great list!

Kimberly said...

I will leave this here rather than my boring, and as yet completely non-current blog:

1) Austen's men: Darcy - but only as played by M. McFadyn...sorry Sherri; Frederick Wentworth; and I concur about Col. Brandon.

2) Characters I was in love with as a child that still bring a warm smile to my face: Adam Edington from M L'Engle's books, Prince Rilian - C.S. Lewis; Legolas - need I say more?

3) From current non-literary novels: Roarke - yummmm; Dirk Pitt - yes, I know, I obviously have a problem; oh, and Dillon Savich, except for his Porsche addiction.

Oh, and Sher - have you noticed the similarity of Col. Brandon to Snape? Just thought I would point it out.