EASY YUMMY

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year I made for my in-laws a recipe I got from my mom, who got it from my paternal grandmother. I don't know where she got it. Anyway, it's delicious and easy. My family seems to specialize in recipes that are composed rather than actually cooked, and now that I am the mother of two children under two, I can appreciate the wisdom of hoarding such recipes. So here it is,

CLARA'S GRAHAM CRACKER FRUITCAKE

1 (16 oz.) box graham crackers, crushed
1 (10 oz.) bag marshmallows
1 lb. (four sticks) butter
1 lb. candied cherries, halved
1 quart chopped nuts (I like pecans, but any will do)

Melt together the marshmallows and butter. Stir together with other ingredients until well combined. Smash it all into a bundt pan sprayed with cooking spray, packing it as tightly as you can. Refrigerate at least four hours, and serve.

No comments: