it's not just my imagination

I thought Oprah was getting trashy again.* So, apparently, does Gawker.

I feel like I've gone back in time. I remember the mid-eighties when Oprah, Geraldo, and Sally Jesse Raphael were all around the same time slots, and their topics and guests were fairly Springer-esque. And then, somehow, Oprah transformed herself into this totally respectable icon of admiration for women everywhere. In fact, she transformed into one of the most powerful women in the world. So I wonder why the sudden descent into trashiness again? Were her ratings going down?

*Not that I ever actually watch Oprah; it's easy enough to catch what's on Oprah tomorrow if you surf the internet or channels at all.

1 comment:

Kim Pospisil said...

I thought this too. Is she running out of ideas?